Remove Your Name from Direct Marketing Lists
Direct marketers used to pester consumers at home with calls during the dinner hour or stacks of junk mail. Now they can call and send texts to your mobile phone or email you. Here’s how to steer clear of their reach.
© 2003-2014 IDT911, LLC. All Rights Reserved
1. Permanently remove your name from the pre-approved mail offer lists by calling 888.5OPT.OUT (1-888.567.8688) or visit optoutprescreen.com.
2. Add your name to the National Do Not Call Registry by calling 1-888.382.1222 or visit the main Do Not Call Registry website. Be sure to report the phone numbers of offenders who continue to call to the National Do Not Call Registry. Offenders can face steep fines.
3. Add your name to your state's Do Not Call list, if it has one.
4. Add your name to “name deletion lists“ used nationwide by marketers. To find out how, visit dmachoice.org
5. Whenever possible, say “No“ to the sharing of your personal information by your financial institutions, credit card companies, insurance companies and investment firms. And ask them not to send unsolicited checks.